SWRC are committed to bringing back a low budget circuit racing series.
With so much interest from a wide variety of machinery, we aim to be
running 3 divisions from the very first day.
* Touring Cars … Standard cars with very limited Mod’s
* GT-Modified … Modified & High Performance cars
* Open Class … Space Frame, Open Wheel
To start with we will be running a 4 round Winter Series, alongside the Drifting at Bishops Court. Annually we expect to run 8 – 10 race events,
extending to other venues as the Series becomes established in its own right.
Entry fees at Bishops Court will be just £50. For this drivers can expect:
Practice + 2 Heats + Final.
This entry fee also allows drivers the option to take part in Track Day sessions and even Drift sessions.
The Reg’s outlined below are for the TOURING CAR class. The safety requirements listed extend to all other divisions. Any typical GTi would be
ideal for this class. Already drivers have begun obtaining an interesting variety of machinery that will lead to some very close racing.
With cars such as the BMW E36 325i now obtainable for as little as £500, the potential for this budget class seems boundless. Coupled with the extremely
low running costs (EG: tyres last for months rather than minutes!) we believe that a revival of low budget circuit racing is very timely.
We invite enquiries on any aspect of this new racing series. Your calls, emails or texts are very welcome!”
If any questions arise in relation to this subject, please feel free to ask.
I can be reached directly on email@example.com or on 07791 976672
SWRC – Circuit Racing Regulations
In addition to the racing classes defined in these regulations, it remains our goal to add more classes as soon as entry numbers permit. If you find that your car falls outside of these regulations, please contact SWRC to discuss how we might best accommodate you. Our desire is to include you, not exclude you. We will endeavour to make low cost motor racing to enthusiasts from a variety of
motor sport backgrounds.
TOURING CAR Class - Circuit Racing Reg’s 2011/2012
Eligible cars are only those models manufactured from 1991 – 2001
Cars older than 1991 are eligible as long as that engine, gearbox and chassis combination are still in production between ’91 – ‘01. Cars younger than 2001
are also made eligible by applying similar guidelines.
These Reg’s are intended to define ONE racing class, with no separate divisions. The following figures are based upon manufacturers’ figures and do
not include any gains from permitted modifications. These restrictions will help to ensure that a variety of cars can be competitive, rather than having one car dominant over all others:
WHEELS & TYRES
CHASSIS & BODY
SAFETY – Minimum Requirements (CAR)
CDS Tubing – Min: 38mm OD x 3mm _____ Mild Steel Pipe – Min: 42mm OD x 3mm
SAFETY – Minimum Requirements (DRIVER)
GT-MODIFIED Class - Circuit Racing Reg’s 2011/2012
Cars eligible for this class are those that fall outside of the Touring Car class. This is a class for High Performance vehicles. The only restrictions are listed below:
WHEELS & TYRES
CHASSIS & BODY
SAFETY – Minimum Requirements (CAR) – As Touring Car Class
SAFETY – Minimum Requirements (DRIVER) – As Touring Car Class.
The Classes we currently run are: TOURING CAR GT-MODIFIED
New next classes that we hope to add are:
* The T-16 Class is for cars up to 1600cc NA and based on the Touring Car Reg’s. This class will come to life as soon as there are sufficient entries to justify a new division. Until then we would encourage drivers with cars eligible for this class to come along and race with the bigger cars. This is the only way we can be sure that the demand is there. You might even surprise yourself with how competitive you can be!
* GT16 2wd cars up to 1600cc NA, modified beyond the restrictions for the 1600 Touring Car class (T-16)
* GT2 __ * GT1 __ As soon as the demand exists we will define separate divisions for 2wd, 4wd, NA, Turbo cars.
* The OPEN Class is as the name suggests, a class open to all manner of competition cars including open wheeled, purpose built racing cars. This should result in some very entertaining dices!
Incidentally, I personally have bought 2 x MR2?s for the Touring Car class. Both are available for sale to be raced in our series . These will range from approx £1k – £1.5k race ready. Please ring me for details 0044 – 7791 – 976672